[mythtvnz] TVNZ etc widescreen?

Simon Green mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:30:19 +1200

On 29/07/07, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
> I saw a trademe ad which  suggested that the the "other" freeview
> channels (ie those other than 3/C4) would be moving to widescreen "next
> month"
>
> Is this so?
>
> "works best on 16.9 tv set as TV3,C4 are in wide screen with the rest to
> follow next month"
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/TVs/Other/auction-110574248.htm?p=50

I wouldn't consider a trade me auction a reliable source of
information :) Would be good to have more channels widescreen.
Trackside, MTS and TVNZ are all separate entities, and I'd be
surprised if they all went widescreen at the same time. If they did,
I'd hope that they'd also go widescreen on Sky Digital.

I still want to see the sports channel go widescreen. Sky really need
some competition to get their a in g.

  -- simon