[mythtvnz] List Info (reprise)

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:40:20 +1200

------=_Part_24857_13545242.1185702020879

On 7/29/07, Simon Third <simon@simtec.co.nz> wrote:

>  Steve, I figured the HVR-3000 card would drive the DC power and clash
> with the Sky box.  Maybe this is not he case?

It can be an issue if one device wants horizontal and one wants vertical -
horizontal will be the polarity chosen. That's what happens now with Sky on
V and Freeview on H (though it seems to me that it's still better have
Freeview with the potential to screw up a simultaneous Sky recording than to
not have Freeview). But once Sky switch to H on Tuesday morning both will be
the same anyway so it would only be an issue if you were using some vertical
polarity DVB channel (i.e. non-Freeview). AFAIK it shouldn't be a problem to
have two devices both driving the voltage that selects horizontal through a
multi-power-pass splitter. I was wondering if you'd heard something
different.

Steve

------=_Part_24857_13545242.1185702020879

the HVR-3000 card would drive the DC power and clash with the Sky box.&nbsp;
i.e. non-Freeview). AFAIK it shouldn&#39;t be a problem to have two devices both driving the voltage that selects horizontal through a multi-power-pass splitter. I was wondering if you&#39;d heard something different.<br>

------=_Part_24857_13545242.1185702020879--