[mythtvnz] List Info (reprise)

Simon Third mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:28:15 +1200

yuri wrote:
> On 20/07/07, Nick Rout  wrote:
>> Just an update from the admin:
> [snip]
>> * There must be a reasonable number of lurkers - lets hear from you,
>> let us know what you are doing with myth, what equipment you have and
>> what disto etc you are running.

Hi all,

I've had a Knoppmyth system (R5E50) running for about a year now.  Would you
believe I designed my house and wiring around the ability to run Myth under
a client server setup.

I'm at the point now where my server has 500GB of disk, 250 for /video and
the rest for Myth, a PVR-500, and acts as frontend for my 42" Plasma on the
other side of the wall in the home theatre room.  I have a Xebian XBOX in
the bedroom and had intended to add a second to the Living room TV.  I find
the XBOX quite noisy and menuing slow, playback is fine.  One good thing
about the XBOX setup is the screen saver. Question: how do I get Knoppmyth
to do this?  Have had quite a few cases where my son has left his movie
running and I come back to the movie intro screen after a couple of hours of
burning into the plasma!

I had also intended to look into powered Ethernet Webcams for a security
system.  Yes, I have Cat5 to camera locations around the house too.

I guess after Tuesday 31st I can install my HVR-3000.  My Sky letter arrived
today www.skytv.co.nz/satellite .
I haven't been able to find a source of a splitter with only one power path,
can anyone help?

Wouldn't be without it now, and hesitate to upgrade as its working so well.

Simon