[mythtvnz] Keyboard & mouse/trackpad

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:44:55 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, July 24, 2007 11:30 am, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:22:27 Nick Rout wrote:
>> I tend to use:
>>
>> 1. the remote for day to day functions.
>>
>> 2. ssh for admin (laptop on couch)
>>
>> 3. vnc for admin that involves typing characters into the myth interfa=
ce
>> (ditto)
>>
>> Doesn't help with web browsing on the TV though. I find myth a bit
>> painful
>> for that on the supplied interfaces.
>>
>> Not much good for fiddling with the bios either, but on the rare
>> occasion
>> that I needed that I have plenty of wired keyboards around.
>
> I've attached another option. I use this with the laptop on the couch t=
> send
> keypresses to mythfrontend. It works really well.
>
>> I understand that the microsoft infra red MCE keyboard and remote will
>> work via lirc-mod-mce
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/279900
>
> This apparently works really well and has a good range (I can imagine f=
rom
> the
> remotes range).
>
> hads

One thing I wonder about. If you are using the MS IR USB MCE remote
(without the keyboard) you use the mceusb2 driver and in recent versions
of lirc the blaster ports work.

If you want the keyboard was well it seems you need the lirc-mod-usb
driver instead of mceusb2 - but do the blaster ports then work?

--=20
Nick Rout