[mythtvnz] List Info (reprise)

yuri mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:45:44 +1200

On 20/07/07, Nick Rout  wrote:
> Just an update from the admin:
[snip]
> * There must be a reasonable number of lurkers - lets hear from you, let
> us know what you are doing with myth, what equipment you have and what
> disto etc you are running.

I've stayed just a lurker because I don't run MythTV *yet*. I'm on
apprentice wages since resigning from call centre work to become a
sparky, so I can't afford a dedicated myth box yet.
I also don't even have an outside aerial, let alone a dish, and don't
watch much TV.
Having said that, I do have a TV socket in most rooms on the same
faceplate as the ethernet jack and the phone jack, with RG6 going back
to a central location for a splitter.

To utilise this do I need RF modulated output from the MythTV box?

What I will eventually do is get a MythTV type server to rip my DVDs
to (format shift movies on DVDs which I have legally purchased, for
personal viewing without having to dig out the physical medium from a
dusty cupboard).

Yuri