[mythtvnz] DVB-S cards: Twinhan VisionPlus VisionDTV Sat VP-1020A

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:36:52 +1200 (NZST)

Is the above card working out ok for those who have one? They are $105.00
on trademe cf $145 for the Skystar 2. I see there is one thread about the=
on here, and the question was asked (but never answered) as to whether it
was worth spending the extra on a skystar.

I have a Skystar2 and I am already running into recording conflicts with
just TV1,2 & MaoriTV. Once I get 3, C4 and the other freeview stuff on
there I think I'm gonna need another card.

Also is the remote any good, and does it depend on the card being present=
?
(I would like to use it in a frontendonly box).

The complete ad reads:

<quote>Model: Twinhan VisionPlus VisionDTV Sat VP-1020A Satellite PCI Car=

Watch and record digital TV and radio on your PC, including digitally cle=
ar
pictures for TV1, TV2, TV3, C4 and Maori TV.

All you need is a PC, a satellite dish aimed at the satellite you want, a
cable, and you are set. (An old Sky dish works great for Freeview
service).

Included software offers scheduled recording and time shifting function,
multichannel preview, Teletext where
supported, EPG where supported and stereo.

Software included has support for Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 an=
Windows XP
Hardware works with Windows MCE and VISTA with downloaded driver.

MPEG2 Software decoding
DiSEqC 1.2

Package includes:
* RETAIL BOX*
Card
Installation Guide
Driver CD with PowerDVD 6.0 (Windows software)
Driver CD for Internet via Satellite
Remote Control + Receiver
Batteries

This card is well supported under Linux.

Can be used to pick up any visible Free to air Satellite signal with
appropriate satellite dish, including Asian channels, and Freeview.

Cards are brand new and come with a 6 Month Warranty.
</quote>

--=20
Nick Rout