[mythtvnz] Recording Live Earth for 22 hours

Simon Green mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:04:04 +1200

On 09/07/07, Steve Hodge <stevehodge@gmail.com> wrote:
> We don't have enough info to know why the difference is what is in this
> case. Simon was recording using an analogue capture card which will be
> running at the resolution and bitrate it is set for (which has nothing to do
> with the resolution and bitrate of the broadcast signal). His settings may
> be optimal for the signal, but they probably aren't - the true resolution of
> the signal could have been higher or lower. Steve was using a DVB-S card so
> he's got the recording exactly as it was broadcast - his file size reflects
> the bitrate of the satellite broadcast, which is not necessarily the same as
> broadcast Sky made.

I have a PVR-150, and just used the default settings. My VHF signal
isn't perfect, so that has more effect on the quality than any
settings in MythTV. Got Sky Digital today though. No doubt will spend
some of this weekend getting it hooked up to my Myth box :-)

  -- simon