[mythtvnz] XMLTVNZ problems

Jonathan Bell mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:54:57 +1200

Rama

I had this problem as well, I finally tracked it down using strace,
which told me it was looking for a file called
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap or files in a directory
called System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap. I found some on the
web and loaded them into the directory

/usr/lib/mono/gac/System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap

a listing looks like

$ ls -l
/usr/lib/mono/gac/System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/
total 60
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 36864 May 15 05:46
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.dll
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20900 May 15 05:46
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.dll.mdb

These are windows files but mono seems to pick them up an use them
successfully

I think I found them on the rpm .pbone.net web site but that package now
seems to be obsolete but you could try
http://www.wesmo.com/rpm2html/fc5/i386/updates/mono-web-1.1.13.7-3.fc5.1.i386.html

The easiest way to get these files is probably to install the rpm package.

Hope this helps

Jonathan Bell