[mythtvnz] DVB-S card on demand?

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 7 Jul 2007 23:07:58 +1200 (NZST)

Greetings

If I'm using my DVB-S card to collect Sky EPG data in the middle of the
night, do I have to set it up in 'on demand' mode in mythtv-setup?

Also, my capture script currently uses dvbtune to select the correct
transport but, since I'm sharing with a Sky box any way and only using the
vertical transports, could I skip that step and have MythTV NOT use the
on-demand mode since MythTV will then be tuned to one of the 2 vertical
transports anyway?

I'm really trying the speed up the channel changes when I switch from the
PVR150 and its Sky STB and the DVB-S card (currently over 10 seconds not
counting buffering!!). Also trying to get rid of the glitches on the
PVR150 card recordings every 5 minutes when the EIT data is polled for the
DVB-Radio schedules (currently turned off).

Cheers all

--
Robin Gilks