[mythtvnz] Free to Air BBC World on TV One - best way to 'inject' bbc.co.uk guide data after Freeview EPG update?

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 02 Jul 2007 14:49:58 +1200

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 7/2/07, *Matt Poff* <matt.poff@headfirst.co.nz
> <mailto:matt.poff@headfirst.co.nz>> wrote:
>
>     I'm pulling down the Freeview programming guide but it doesn't contain
>     distinguish individual programming info for the late night BBC World
>     programming on TV One. Ideally I'd like to post-process the data
>     after
>     an electronic update to pull an XML feed from bbc.co.uk
>     <http://bbc.co.uk> and inject this.
>

> I haven't looked at it, but is it the same as BBC World on Sky? If so
> you could grab the data for the relevant time period from Sky's EIT data.
Not sure either as I don't have Sky. Can I  pick up Sky's EIT without a
decoder?

>     Problem is I'm not aware of any hooks in myth which would enable this,
>     or even whether the BBC transmission is live-to-air or timeshifted.
>

> mythfilldatabase. You don't have to use Myth to grab the EIT data.

Right so have some external bash script or similar on a cron job
grabbing data from the various sources and writing to the database? I
was hoping to avoid over-riding the EIT gathering Myth does, just
trigger a post-process operation which 'fills in the gaps' for the Beeb
stuff.