[mythtvnz] NVidia PAL TVOut at BIOS Level

Andrew Bruce mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:14:17 +1300

I've got a small problem...

I need to get hold of a NVidia AGP card that will do TVOut at BIOS level
in PAL (even if its only black and white due to the SVideo to Composite
converter).  My TV is so old that it doesn't accept NTSC and the boot up
screens scroll really badly so you can't read them.  Makes debugging any
issues a real chore as I have to haul a CRT all the way down stairs.

Does anyone know of something like a 5200 card that I can buy and will
work?  Most shops don't seem to know unfortunately.

I know they are available - I've seen the odd MX440 at work with PAL
stamped onto the card, but haven't had much luck finding one to buy since.

Thanks,

Andrew