[mythtvnz] DVB-S Switch to HPol - Major outage expected

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:31:47 +1300

Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:49:42 Steven Ellis wrote:
>
>> Hope we are all ready for this tomorrow night. Just hope it all goes
>> smoothly.
>>

> So... what's the deal with sharing a single satellite/LNB with Sky and the
> Freeview test after this switch?
>
> As I understand it Sky is staying on vertical at the moment and Freeview is
> shifting to Horizontal.
>
> With my standard Sky 'new' LNB and dish will the Sky STB and my DVB-S cards be
> able to co-exist happily? i.e will I still be able to receive both streams at
> the same time?

Unless you have a dual ported LNB you probably can't do both at the same
time. The work around it to pull TVNZ off the Sky transponder for now,
but that doesn't help if you like DW or CCTV9.

We will find out at the weekend.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz