[mythtvnz] Technisat Skystar2 DVB-S card pricing for NZ market

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:43:33 +1300 (NZDT)

On Fri, January 19, 2007 10:46 pm, Robin Gilks wrote:

>> Discussions are proceeding well, and I hope to be able to offer these
>> cards locally to the NZ market shortly. Haven't finalised local pricin=
>> yet.
>>
>> So the question is
>>
>> 1. Are enough people interested to make it worth my time
>>
>> 2. What is a reasonable price
>>
>> Problem is it is very hard to complete with dvbshop as they move such
>> huge
>> quantities.
>>

> Just trawled through the backlog of messages and I see no prices or
> availability. Did this not fly Steve?
>
> With a relaying of cables, I'm in a position to try this out...

Problem we have is being competitive with these cards. I do have a supply=
,
but they are mostly allocated for existing customers who want to upgrade.
For the upgrade we will include a splitter for the existing Sky cable,
plus support for around NZ$200. We haven't decided on a bare card price a=
this stage.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz