[mythtvnz] kernel/ivtv upgrade problems

Pshem Kowalczyk mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:39:17 +1300

Hi,

> But once I start mythtv, the video changes.  It doesn't sync, and there
> is substantial video tearing.
>
> If I shut mythtv down and go back to "mplayer /dev/video0", the
> framesync video-tearing problem persists, so I'm pretty sure mythbackend
> is setting an ivtv module setting that it shouldn't be setting.
>
> Ideas?

I'm guessing that you changed teletext from 'none' and use non-native
PAL resolution. If that's the case then you have to change the
resolution to 720x572 (native PAL) - otherwise ivtv refuses to work.
To test that - cold boot your myth box without starting mythtv and
manualy tune using ivctl and then use mplayer to test the output - if
everything works then the resolution is the culprit.

regards
pshemko