[mythtvnz] KnoppMyth R5E50 on Shuttle ST61G4 - TV out problems

David Nock mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:18:55 +1300

Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 1/16/07, *David Nock* <nockdg@es.co.nz <mailto:nockdg@es.co.nz>> wrote:
>
>     However it is black and white, and if I switch to a console it is quite
>     jittery. Oh well, will install the NVidia drivers and see how it looks.
>

> How are you connecting the box to the TV? One way to get a black and
> white picture (IIRC) is to get the SVideo/Composite setting wrong for
> the connection you are using.

Hi Steve,

Currently it is connected via the Composite connector.

Ok, now to ask the stupid question - where is the SVideo/Composite
setting that I should check?

BTW, when the machine first boots, the Energy Saver logo appears in
colour. It is only when it starts X that it is B/W.

Cheers
Dave