[mythtvnz] mplayer resume for videos

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:04:59 +1300

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:24:11 Craig Box wrote:
> Being able to use the internal player for video is a reasonably new thing?

Yeah, introduced in 0.19 improved in 0.20 I think. I'm a relative newbie to
myth.

> I've been running Myth since.. 2004 sometime, (0.15-ish?) and I've always
> just used mplayer because that was what it had.  Don't really see any
> reason to change.

You're right of course, if you are already setup then there isn't a lot of
point. One thing is that I use mythtvosd for callerid popups etc. which will
only work with the internal player.

If you don't have everything setup then it saves you from having to setup
lircrc/keybindings for two different apps.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier