[mythtvnz] DVB startup problems

alan.walls mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:06:19 +1300

Thanks, but I don't understand what you are suggesting.  I'm new to linux.

The mythbackend service works perfectly and I can watch and record TV as
expected, PROVIDED I restart the service after booting the machine.

I only get the failures during the automatic startup.

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Steven Ellis
Sent: Friday, 23 February 2007 10:09 p.m.
To: mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] DVB startup problems

Do you have a channels.conf that works in mplayer or xine?

Or try simple dvbtune or dvbscan commands.

There is a chance your box has managed to boot with the DVB cards
disabled. I've seen it a couple of times.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz