[mythtvnz] DVB-S - record more than one channel with the same card?

mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:18:04 +1300 (NZDT)

> On 2/19/07, Steve Hodge <stevehodge@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/18/07, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:
>> >
>> > Is it possible to get myth to record more than one channel at once
>> with
>> > a DVB-S card.
>>

>> No. It's one of the most requested features but so far no one has
>> implemented it. The usual argument is that it's easier to just buy
>> another
>> card.
>>

> There is a ticket where someone started work on this:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1772.
>
> Also, see the main list archives for plenty of discussion:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/226516 etc.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Thanks for that. I am aware of people in the UK who are recording 3 or 4
programmes at a time with one DVB-T card, using webscheduler (windows
software with a very good reputation for capturing). It'd be nice to see
this implemented in myth, even if we presently have fewer channels
available.