[mythtvnz] Optus D1 HPol - TV3/C4

Steve Lang mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:41:14 +1300

--------------010502030909010605020105

Ahhh, wikipedia was my source of why Prime won't be FTA via. satellite:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeView

In particular, reference 7, Drinnan, John. "Prime Television delays
moving to Freeview", /The National Business Review/, 2006
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006>-06-23
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_23>. Retrieved on 2006
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006>-07-20
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_20>.

Cheers -

Steve Lang wrote:
> Hiya.
>
> Based on what I've recently read in some other forums, but can't
> recall where, my understanding is that Prime have rights for some of
> their content (possibly sports content) for unencrypted terrestrial.
> They don't necessarily have the broadcast rights for FTA via. satellite.
>
> What would be ironic would be if Sky sold the FTA rights to prime, but
> only FTA terrestrial. Now, Sky owns Prime, and they can't move to FTA
> satellite due to the rights etc. But no, that would be too easy to
> resolve, so it must be something much harder to sort out than that...
> Maybe they'll get a second stream without the content that's causing
> the problem for FTA via. satellite.
>
> Here's hoping - I want FTA via. satellite, but I really really really
> really need much better prime coverage.
>
> Cheers -
>
> Steven Ellis wrote:

>>> Exxxxxcellent.
>>>
>>> Any word on when Sky is transitioning? And also whether Prime is going to
>>> be FTA so Sky can pump it full of to-all-of-NZ SkyTV ads?
>>>

>> 1. There is a rumor that Sky isn't moving to H. They are waiting for the
>> replacement bird
>>
>> 2. Prime will not be going FTA on DTH for the forseable future.
>>
>> Steve

>> Steven Ellis - Technical Director
>> OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
>> email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
>> sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz
>> support - support@openmedia.co.nz
>> website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz

--------------010502030909010605020105

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Ahhh, wikipedia was my source of why Prime won't be FTA via. satellite:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeView">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeView</a><br>
In particular, reference 7, Drinnan, John. "Prime Television delays
moving to Freeview", <i>The National Business Review</i>, <a
 href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006" title="2006">2006</a>-<a
 href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_23" title="June 23">06-23</a>.
Retrieved on <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006" title="2006">2006</a>-<a
 href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_20" title="July 20">07-20</a>.<br>
Cheers -<br>
Steve Lang wrote:
Hiya.<br>
Based on what I've recently read in some other forums, but can't recall
where, my understanding is that Prime have rights for some of their
content (possibly sports content) for unencrypted terrestrial. They
don't necessarily have the broadcast rights for FTA via. satellite.<br>
What would be ironic would be if Sky sold the FTA rights to prime, but
only FTA terrestrial. Now, Sky owns Prime, and they can't move to FTA
satellite due to the rights etc. But no, that would be too easy to
resolve, so it must be something much harder to sort out than that...
Maybe they'll get a second stream without the content that's causing
the problem for FTA via. satellite.<br>
Here's hoping - I want FTA via. satellite, but I really really really
really need much better prime coverage.<br>
Cheers -<br>
Steven Ellis wrote:
 cite="mid43960.203.163.71.197.1170380117.squirrel@webmail.stevencherie.homelinux.net"
 type="cite">
        <pre wrap="">Ok, TVNZ's channels are all up. TV3's channels are all showing a test
pattern.
      </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Exxxxxcellent.

Any word on when Sky is transitioning? And also whether Prime is going to
be FTA so Sky can pump it full of to-all-of-NZ SkyTV ads?
    </pre>
    <pre wrap=""><!---->
1. There is a rumor that Sky isn't moving to H. They are waiting for the
replacement bird

2. Prime will not be going FTA on DTH for the forseable future.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:steven@openmedia.co.nz">steven@openmedia.co.nz</a>
sales   - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:sales@openmedia.co.nz">sales@openmedia.co.nz</a>
support - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:support@openmedia.co.nz">support@openmedia.co.nz</a>
website - <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.openmedia.co.nz">http://www.openmedia.co.nz</a>