[mythtvnz] It gets worse - FreeView Bouquet is a mix of H & V

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:03:29 +1300

------=_Part_15138_26280373.1170389009976

On 2/2/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, February 2, 2007 4:41 pm, Steve Hodge wrote:
> > On 2/2/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> >>
> >> The FreeView set-top boxes are designed to auto update using things
> like
> >> the bouquet table in the DVB stream. I've been poking around with DVB
> >> snoop and it appears that the bouquet is marked for 4 transponders. The
> >> first two are the new HPol transponders for the main TV channels.
> >>
> >> The additional ones are two of the Sky VPol transponders, one (12519 V)
> >> for National Radio and Concert FM, the other (12671 V) for the Sky
> >> versions of TV One and TV 2.
> >>
> >> At the moment this is really looking like a mess, and it will probably
> >> take until late April to resolve all of this
> >>

> > Yes, this is what I found when MythTV scanned. I guess it doesn't matter
> > if
> > you've got a box which can only tune one channel. But it's a problem for
> > anyone using a splitter with a single LNB.
> >
> > It's probably not final though - those are definitely Sky transponders,
> > and
> > at least in the case of 12519 the same signal is on both V and H.
> >
> > Btw, does anyone know who was supposed to get the V transponders Sky are
> > currently using?
>
> Those transponders were designed for services to both AU and NZ. No idea
> who was planning on using them.

Right. And FreeView couldn't use them because they aren't licensed to
broadcast their content in Oz. So how does Sky get around that for One and
2? Has anyone heard whether One and 2 are receivable from Oz on 12671?

Cheers,
Steve