[mythtvnz] It gets worse - FreeView Bouquet is a mix of H & V

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:41:00 +1300

------=_Part_15030_17076582.1170387660679

On 2/2/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> The FreeView set-top boxes are designed to auto update using things like
> the bouquet table in the DVB stream. I've been poking around with DVB
> snoop and it appears that the bouquet is marked for 4 transponders. The
> first two are the new HPol transponders for the main TV channels.
>
> The additional ones are two of the Sky VPol transponders, one (12519 V)
> for National Radio and Concert FM, the other (12671 V) for the Sky
> versions of TV One and TV 2.
>
> At the moment this is really looking like a mess, and it will probably
> take until late April to resolve all of this

Yes, this is what I found when MythTV scanned. I guess it doesn't matter if
you've got a box which can only tune one channel. But it's a problem for
anyone using a splitter with a single LNB.

It's probably not final though - those are definitely Sky transponders, and
at least in the case of 12519 the same signal is on both V and H.

Btw, does anyone know who was supposed to get the V transponders Sky are
currently using?

Cheers,
Steve

------=_Part_15030_17076582.1170387660679

The FreeView set-top boxes are designed to auto update using things like<br>the bouquet table in the DVB stream. I&#39;ve been poking around with DVB<br>snoop and it appears that the bouquet is marked for 4 transponders. The

------=_Part_15030_17076582.1170387660679--