[mythtvnz] FW: Wide screen setup

Alan Walls mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:55:53 +1300

I'm using MythCenter-wide as my theme.  The minimyth resolution is set
to PAL 720x576Noscale.   The TV is set to auto switch between 4:3 shown
in the middle and 12:9 zooming to fill the screen.  The MythTV
background appears like a 4:3 box in the middle of the screen.=20

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Steven Ellis
Sent: Friday, 2 February 2007 9:42 a.m.
To: mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] FW: Wide screen setup

On Fri, February 2, 2007 9:04 am, Alan Walls wrote:
>> Can anybody send me a reference to documentation on configuring=20
>> modeline, xorg.conf, etc.
>>
>> I have a VIA Minimyth system outputting S-Video to a wide screen TV=20
>> and I can get the menus filling up the entire screen.

Tuning for a widescreen CRT over S-Video can be a pain.

1. Does the background fill the entire screen?

2. Is the background image wide

3. If the background image isn't wide have you tried changing the TV
mode to make it wide.

4. Is the problem with your overscan settings? Don't know how to tweak
this on a Via board.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz