[mythtvnz] EPG Data from Sky Sat

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun Dec 30 21:35:09 GMT 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:43:20 Robin Gilks wrote:
> I've been mystified by epgsnoop/tv_grab_nz and mythfilldatabase recently
> as well.
>
> The xml file is coming out from epgsnoop correctly as evidenced by using
> mythfilldatabase directly with
>  mythfilldatabase --update --file 4 listings-all.xml
> Note: parameters have changed on SVN HEAD version of mfdb
>
> However, I noticed two issues:
>
> 1. Two new channels, cuetv and parliament don't get updated when using the
> grabber (they do in manual mode as above).
>
> 2. Even though I have the grabber set to use the Sky version of the
> tv1/2/3.sky.co.nz listings, I mistakenly set the xmltvid in mythtv-setup
> to tv1/2/3.freeviewnz.tv and it still updates. Is there some config other
> than in the mythconverg->channel table? I've checked in mythweb and I have
> no duplicates indicated there and can see nothing by looking at the mysql
> db with webmin.
>
> I've tried running the grabber as another user (so no config file) and it
> fails immediately (as it should). I take it that the grabber config file
> just acts as a filter to remove those channels that are not required and
> have no other interaction with mfdb?
>
> Here is my xmltv config file for the grabber (sorry about the size of it!!)
>
> g8ecj at zeus ~ $ cat .xmltv/tv_grab_nz-py.conf
[snip]

I noticed that the config you quoted there is ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_nz-py.conf
tv_grab_nz-py will use that as a default but mythfilldatabase will call the
grabber with it's own options, typically using a config such as
~/.mythtv/Sky.xmltv (where Sky is your source name). Perhaps you have two
configs without noticing?

You can do a mythfilldatabase -v xmltv to get a little more info about the
grabber call.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
VoIP, DVB and other Linux compatible hardware