[mythtvnz] display on analog widescreen tvs

Guy Lowe mythtvnz at gunk.gen.nz
Tue Dec 11 18:03:58 GMT 2007

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Display_Size

It's been a while since I set mine up, but from memory, the important
parts of xorg.conf are:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "6600GT"
        Driver          "nvidia"
	#PAL mode so that we don't need to do deinterlacing in myth
        Option      "TVStandard" "PAL-G"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	(...)
	DisplaySize 260 146 #Correct for 720x576 16:9
EndSection

Also, watch out for -dpi 100 being passed to X in one of the launch scripts.

Guy