[mythtvnz] DTT Test signal active on Waiatarua

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Dec 10 07:59:24 GMT 2007

Steven Ellis wrote:
> Just done a scan and got all three active muxes.
>
> 538000
> 570000
> 666000
>
> Just trying to get clear scan to see what channels are present.

Ok got a full list of channels now. You need to munge the channels.conf
to get mplayer to tune in correctly because of the H264 rather than
MPEG2 video stream. I've managed to watch all of the channels now via a
hacked copy of mplayer so that it doesn't crash on bad frames.

All we need now is the ffmpeg team to implement the internlaced PAFF
support we need for playback, and a CPU fast enough to handle the feeds.

For those of you who are interested I'll hopefully have an update on
http://mythtv.co.nz later tonight

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz