[mythtvnz] two skysstar cards

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 04:17:45 GMT 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 5:11 PM, Noel & Di <noel at igrin.co.nz> wrote:

> Now I've put a second Skystar card into my Mythbuntu  box...
> I have assigned each card it's own input & video source.
> Both cards tuned in lurvley including SCB - the WAF increased in response.
> However, I got a recording conflict when setting overlapping
> recordings.  Needless to say the WAF plummeted..
> I've had this before when setting up two analogue tuners, but can't
> remember how I resolved it.
> I think it was assigning the cards to the same input or somesuch.
>
> The reason you are getting conflicts is probably because Myth doesn't
realise that the channels on the two different video sources are in fact the
same channels. You should have two Capture Cards setup up (one for each
Skystar), but only one Video Source ("Satellite" or "Freeview" or whatever).
In Input Connections both Capture Cards should be connected to that one
Video Source.

Cheers,