[mythtvnz] Introduction

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Mon Dec 10 03:11:34 GMT 2007

> Setting up a PVR150 with sky can be problematic and is not exactly
> trivial. There is still an air of black magic involved with getting the
> IRBlaster to work.
> If you wanted a high WAF factor, then the skystar is a safer bet as its
> easier to setup and there are less things to go wrong.
> If I was doing it again, I'd start with that and then progressively add
> sky with a PVR once I'd learnt a whole lot more about it.

I second this.

Freeview with A SkyStar2 card (and get the USB remote as it appears like
a keyboard and you don't have to worry about lircd which is a HUGE
ADVANTAGE IMO).
Then add Sky once your family gets used to the PVR way.

Have a look through the archives this month to see some of the issues
which you might encounter around moving from a Live TV watching family
to a PVR one.

The more stable you can make the system initially the better.

Good luck.  Let us know if you need any help =)

Dean