[mythtvnz] Fwd: [mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] Dropping MySQL v3 and v4 support in SVN

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sun Dec 9 06:04:15 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Thought this may be of interest to those that haven't seen it. It references
the release schedule for 0.21.

hads

Subject: [mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] Dropping MySQL v3 and v4 support in SVN
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007
From: David Engel <david at istwok.net>
To: Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>

This email is being sent to serve as a warning to users that we will
be dropping support for MySQL v4 and below in SVN beginning Tuesday,
December 11, 2007.  MySQL v5 will be the minimum supported version
after that.

If you are currently running SVN trunk and are running MySQL v3 or v4,
you should not update SVN until you have updated MySQL to v5 or later.
Many of the MythTV developers have been running with MySQL v5 for
quite some time so any problems with respect to MythTV and MySQL v5
have long since been worked out.

We originally planned to drop support for MySQL v3 after MythTV
0.21 was released.  The 0.21 release has dragged on much longer than
intended, so rather than hold off some new changes, we decided to make
the switch to MySQL v5 now.

Finally, we have set a target date for the release of MythTV 0.21.  I
don't know if the other developers are ready to go public with an
exact date yet, so all I will say now is it is before March, 2008.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net