[mythtvnz] SkyStar2 and HD-5000

NZ Russ nzruss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 20:31:03 GMT 2007

Hey all.

I'm (still) overseas and heading back to NZ soon (March) and have a Skystar2
and Airstar-HD-5000 which I'm hoping to use for NZ DVB-S and DVB-T. Have two
questions which hopefully someone can provide comment.

1: Anyone have any idea how far away 'mainstream' mythtv is from providing
multiple channels from one DVB Stream? (Mythtv wiki indicates 'in
progress'..) Specifically for use with my Skystar 2 DVB-S PCI

2. The Airstar HD-5000 (http://tinyurl.com/2ypm4v) says it supports QAM 64 -
256. Will this Card support the new New Zealand DVB-T?     (This card has
actually caused be grief. turns out there is a bug in the kernel supported
driver in 2.6.20-16 and not fixed until Kernel 2.6.23. Am currently running
Ubuntu Gutsy (2.6.20.x) and waiting for that 2.6.23 kernel to flow down.
Hopefully it's in 8.04!!)

Any thought's comments appreciated.

Russ.