[mythtvnz] Channel changing time

Dean Pemberton dean at deanpemberton.com
Wed Dec 5 04:00:51 GMT 2007

I was skeptical.

I turned on all the detection methods (blank frame, logo detect etc).  I
then played with having playback auto skip and found that it wasn't
really working for me. After that I moved to the "Notify Only" method
with a 1-2 second lead time.

This gives you enough warning without being too bothered by it.
You then press the Z key and it skips the ad break (I have this mapped
to a remote button).

Tips:
Sometimes it misses the start of the break - but you can still skip and
it comes back right on the program.
When you get the notify it tells you how long the ad break is.  You can
then decide if skipping is a sensible thing to do.  FTA ads are normally
4 mins where as the ones on Sky channels can be as short as 1:20 or so.

So turn it on (can't remember everywhere but if you're having trouble
then I'll post again from home).  Turn the mode to Notify and have a play

I also found that there was a "strict" setting.  This seemed to miss a
whole lot of ads and should be avoided IMO.

Dean