[mythtvnz] Linux compatible PCI & USB DVB-T

Greg Brackley lists-mythtv-nz at lucidsolutions.co.nz
Sun Dec 2 23:12:01 GMT 2007

>I have the Leadtek TV1000T (~$115 or so retail, available easily in
> NZ, PCI).  It appears to work fine, the captures I did a few weeks ago
> were done using it.  Haven't used it since :)

Likewise, I have one in by MythTV backend and it seems to go ok (I could
view the test recordings using Windows). It seems to go for a lot less in
ozzie AU$45 [1], but the shipping for a single unit would offset that
saving.

I'm quite keen to find a reasonable tuner at a reasonable price that doesn't
use up PCI slots. With a couple of DVB-S cards, a DVB-T card, a digium
telephony card, and a disk controller, my backend server is full.  Has
anyone got a source of cheapish USB tuners, that have reasonable driver
support (I would prefer the driver to be built into a standard kernel, but I
would live with having to compile a module).

I'm trying to get hold of some EM2870/ZL10353 chipset, and MT2060 frontend
USB DVB-T sticks but haven't succeeded yet. The small amount I have seen of
these sticks shows me that there is no shielding around the frontend, and I
wonder what the effect of that will be.

Greg.

[1] http://www.shopbot.com.au/p-32411.html
[2] http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices