[mythtvnz] apology Re: New To List

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 05:13:55 GMT 2007

Funnily enough I nearly added a plug for openmedia in my initial reply
in the thread. But I forgot, or pressed "send" too early or something.

I don't want wholesale ads or self promotion. Steve advertises his
product with every one of his overly long .sigs ;-)

Yes Steve does a great amount for the mythtv community, probably more
than anyone else in NZ.  Hads also does heaps with his development of
epgsnoop, remembering that without an EPG Myth is infinitely poorer .
So do lots of people. Quantifying individual contributions to an
overall community is difficult. Which makes it difficult to say where
a line should be drawn, i would rather say that IMHO as list admin,
direct plugs of your own product are discouraged, unless in response
to a fairly direct question seeking a pointer to something commercial.

is that vague enough? I don't think we have anything approaching a
spam problem, and certainly don't want to lose any posters!