[mythtvnz] Booting prob on Setting up ALSA

Criggie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:50:38 +1200 (NZST)

Zane Gilmore wrote:
> Hello there,
> The other day I thought that I would try to get mplayer going on my
> mythtv box.
> It has never worked. I have only been able to play TV recordings but
> this wasn't a problem but I thought it would be cool to be able to play
> downloaded stuff.

Why?  I've used the Internal player in both 0.19 and 0.20 and been able to
play almost all content.  I think quicktime MOVs wouldn't play, nor would
FLV flash videos from tvnzonline.co.nz

However I was able to transcode those to AVI using mencoder.

As for your sound card problem - what sound card is it?  Try grepping in
/etc/init.d/ for the phrase "Setting up ALSA" then see whats called at
that time in the boot.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/