[mythtvnz] Need help for commercial flag

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:17:53 +1200

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:07:53 David Zanetti wrote:
> My experience of commercial flagging on NZ sources is that it doesn't
> work that well. Part of the problem is the tendency of NZ broadcast to
> fade and not provide a clear patch of black-level video to mark the
> start and end of the ads..
>
> Does anyone else have better experiences with recent releases?

We seem to have reasonable success, probably around 60% of the time it works
correctly.

Here at least seems to work more often on channel 3 currently.

I have commercials set to notify so when a commercial is detected the OSD will
pop up and let you know. You can usually tell if it's going to be right by
the time shown (often around 4 minutes). If it's something silly it just gets
ignored and we just skip forward manually.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP Supplier