[mythtvnz] TVNZ SportExtra guide data?

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:32:18 +1200

>Try using tv_split --output %channel.xml  to pull out just the channels
>you want.
>
>At the moment a lot of the data is blank as a holder as they are only
>broadcasting on selected days.
>
>Steve

Thanks again Steve.

Another tidbit I had no idea about.  8)

I'm now grabbing the freeview based xml file from epgsnoop (off
transponder 12483), splitting that with tv_split by channel, taking
the resulting tvnz6 and sportextra xml files and merging them with
tv_cat with the sky based file produced by epgsnoop (from transponder
12519) and ending up with one file that has Sky lineups, One, TV2,
TV3, C4 (using sky timings) and Sport Extra.

Woohoo!

This file is available at epg.hotblack.co.nz if anyone wants to have a play.

And if anyone else is doing freeview for the V8s like I am, then the
following sql may help to identify them until TVNZ adds meaningful
metadata

UPDATE program SET title='V8 Supercars' WHERE title='TVNZ Sport
Extra' AND chanid=XXXX AND (description LIKE '%V8%' AND description
LIKE 'TVNZ Sport Extra brings you R%');

Just replace XXXX with your Sport Extra chanid, and run this after
each mythfilldatabase.

  - Wade