[mythtvnz] TVNZ SportExtra guide data?

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:32:14 +1200

>Wade Maxfield wrote:
>>  OK, so with the switch to horizontal, I've updated all my channels and
>>  now have a pretty standard Freeview setup.  I'm copying my normal
>>  guide data from the Sky lineup channels so that all the descriptions
>>  and timings are are exactly the same.
>>
>>  But how do I get data for SportExtra?  I've tried tuning to SportExtra
>>  then running epgsnoop, but that only seems to find data for 1, 2 or
>>  Maori TV...
>>
>>  Is there any data for SportExtra to be found?
>>

>The data is on 1904.dvb.guide. You need to make sure you are tuned to
>12483H when you run epgsnoop and you should get the data for that
>channel. What do you have the xmltvid for Sport Extra set to?
>
>Steve
>
>--

Thanks Steve,

That was the hint I needed.

One thing to note is on my setup, SportExtra is 1903, not 1904 (1904
is TVNZ 6).

I've now edited my .epgsnoop/channels.conf  and added:
1903|sportextra.freeview.co.nz|SportExtra|sportextra.jpg|http://www.freeviewnz.tv/|
1904|tvnz6.freeview.co.nz|TVNZ 6|tvnz6.jpg|http://www.freeviewnz.tv/|

Then made certain that in my channel table that the xmltvid matched
for those two items.

Then I modified my grab_dvb script, so that after pulling the normal
sky based data from 12519 (I have no idea where I got that number
from though - it's just what I've had working for the last year or so
), I then wait 5 seconds, and retune to 12483 and do it all again

/usr/local/bin/dvbstream -s 22500 -o:/dev/null -f 1219 -p h -n 60 8192 &
/usr/local/bin/epgsnoop > $NEWFILE_BETA
killall dvbstream
sleep 5
/usr/local/bin/dvbstream -s 22500 -o:/dev/null -f 1183 -p h -n 60 8192 &
/usr/local/bin/epgsnoop > $NEWFILE_FREEVIEW
killall dvbstream

Then pass all that lot along to mythfilldatabase:
mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 3 -1 $NEWFILE_FREEVIEW
mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 2 -1 $NEWFILE_BETA

And as simple as that, I've now got something in the EPG for
SportExtra.  Next step is fixing the crap data.  Every program title
is TVNZ Sport Extra (but the description changes).

Looks like the ones worth recording all start with "TVNZ Sport Extra
brings you"  and avoid all the ones with "TVNZ Sport Extra returns
with" or TVNZ Sport Extra: returning soon."   8(

  - Wade