[mythtvnz] Re Aligning a Sky dish for Freeview (Jonathan Guthrie)

Jonathan Bell mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:41:11 +1200

Jono

Just interested to know why, if you have TelstraClear cable you are
after Freeview as well?

TelstraClear send the Freeview channels and Prime down the cable
unencoded, all you need to do is tune to the relavant frequency with a
standard Haupauge card, to get these. The Mythtv frequency setting is
able to do the tuning. I put a 3 way splitter in the cable, send one to
the settop box and the other 2 to my cards, and feed the output from the
settop box into a 3rd card.

I have the frequencies if you are interested.

Jonathan Bell

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
[mailto:mythtvnz-admin@lists.linuxnut.co.nz] On Behalf Of Jonathan
Guthrie
Sent: Monday, 6 August 2007 3:11 p.m.
To: MythTV List
Subject: [mythtvnz] Aligning a Sky dish for Freeview

A while ago we had Sky via satellite, then we got it cheaper and easier
via TelstraClear cable... however the dish stayed on the roof until we
replaced the roof last year.

However I'd like to put it back on the roof and set it up so I can get
Freeview on MythTV  :)

Is there any resource out there that may save me time/hassle working out
how to align it etc?

ta.

Jono