[mythtvnz] Freeview/Teletext on Mythtv

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 13:32:11 +1200 (NZST)

On Thu, August 2, 2007 1:08 pm, Graeme Woollett wrote:
> Daniel McKenzie wrote:
>> Yeah I've gotten it to work. Have you tried accessing it from the menu
>> (press M)? If it doesn't appear press 100
>>

> Thanks it's working now. Anyone know how to setup mythtv so it records
> the teletext along with the video?
> I tried watching livetv, turning on the tt then pressing "R" to record
> but no teletext on the recorded file....

Normally Myth will record the additional data streams so you can simply
turn subtitles back on as you replay the file. It will also capture the
MHEG stream for the freeview transponders.

Problem is you need to map an additional key for the teletext to work. I
can't remember the details right now but I'll try and dig up a reference.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz