[mythtvnz] Composite video recording (was Lurker in the midst.....)

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:25:50 +1200

------=_Part_73757_30402921.1185931550419

On 8/1/07, Barry Clearwater <barryc@bcsystems.co.nz> wrote:

> Thanks Steve
> I'm assuming the mythtv method will also give me the audio dubbed into
> the mpeg file, whereas the cat /dev/video0 method will require me to
> record the audio separately and then mash them together somehow.

cat /dev/video0 will include the audio - PVR-x50 cards produce complete mpeg
streams (probably the dev node should be called /dev/mpeg0 or something). No
need to capture the audio separately.

Another question related: those recording sky through composite video in
> may know, can I record from the composite in input at the same time as
> the card is recording tv from the receiver? ie do I effectively have two
> input devices?

No, the composite input just bypassed the tuner. There's only one video
capture chip on the card so it can only capture from either the tuner or one
of the other inputs.

Cheers,
Steve