[mythtvnz] Linux MCE

Gary Bilski mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:47:10 +1200

>/ Hi all,
/>/
/>/ I've been looking at this for a few weeks and was wondering if anyone h=
/ere
>/ is running it?
/>/
/>/ In particular though I'd like to know what TV Cards are best to use, I'=
/m
>/ wanting to use the satellite dish on the roof for the TV reception thou=
/gh.
>/ I've been looking at the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S2-Plus (would need 2 of
/>/ them
/>/ though), does anyone recommend anything else that would suit Linux MCE =
/and
>/ MythTV?
/
I spent a long weekend trying to get this all working with a vanilla IVTV
card and in the end gave up. The setup kept re-installing video drivers
every reboot which was a real pain. Plus it didn't know about NZ so didn'=
setup MythTV correctly.

It will be very interesting to see how the development progresses.

Steev

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz <mailto:steven@openmedia.co.nz>
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz <mailto:sales@openmedia.co.nz>
support - support@openmedia.co.nz <mailto:support@openmedia.co.nz>
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz

I have this card running, along with a Hauppage PVR500. Works well.