[mythtvnz] DVB-S and Teletext

Neil Bertram mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:57:29 +1200

Steven Ellis wrote:
> Anyone else had a play with the Teletext support for DVB?
>
> We basically have 4 levels of interactive TV
>
> Full MHEG-5 - Working (F12)
> DVB Text - Not seeing any signals to try yet. (F7)
> DVB Teletext - Can't get to work
> DVB Subtitles - Works
>
> When I press "T" I get the subtitles, but I can't get into the full
> teletext display. Anyone else tried this?
>
> Steve

I've had no issues with getting Teletext via Myth and DVB-S. I'm still
quite new to Myth and haven't worked out keybindings, but going into
"Toggle Teletext" in the OSD menu pulls up the index page immediately
and everything seems to work mostly as expected. You do need to be tuned
into a pid that provides Teletext (the TVNZ 1/2 ones at least do), but
it should just work... Subtitles run through the same system, so I'm
guessing that you just need to do something else to get to the actual
index page...

Neil