[mythtvnz] how do you make myth:// work in Firefox?

Guy Lowe mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:17:57 +1200

 From http://<path to mythweb>/settings/mythweb :
The video url is normally determined automatically (a local link to
data/recordings for Linux/MacOS, and a myth:// URL for windows machines),
but you can override it here to something else if you really need to.

It's meant to for Windows frontends (http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/,
http://winmyth.sourceforge.net/) rather than for watching from linux.
MPlayer, Xine, VLC et al all get along fine with bare HTTP.