[mythtvnz] Heads up on today's TV3 and C4 changes

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:25:48 +1200 (NZST)

On Thu, April 19, 2007 2:23 pm, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Thu, April 19, 2007 2:16 pm, Richard wrote:
>> Unfortunatly it seems that the idea of a 16:9 capable 4:3 tv are lost =
on
>> the
>> settop box manufacturers, the only way to get the anamorphic 16:9 from=
>> sky
>> box is to set the tv to widescreen, which then means that you have to
>> change
>> aspect on the TV yourself.
>
> And back again when you switch to another channel, ad tedium.

Yet it all works fine with STBs in the UK. I know a lot of people who hav=
16:9 CRT Tvs where the scart signaling sorts out the aspect ratio.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz