[mythtvnz] Gotta love dvbsnoop

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:57:20 +1200 (NZST)

I've been poking around with dvbsnoop and epgsnoop a bit recently trying
to work out what freeview are planning.

Running "dvbsnoop -n 1 -nph 0x10" tells you what SIDs they are planning o=
usning. It appears at present there is a little bit of duplication.

TSID 21 =3D 12.45600 GHz HPol

  SIDs 1929 + 1930 appear to be for the RNZ channels

  SIDs 1920 - 1928 are marked as TV

TSID 22 =3D 12.48300 GHz HPol

  SID 1025 =3D Maori
  SID 1035 =3D TV One
  SID 1036 =3D TV 2
  SIDs 1037-1038 + 1901-1903 =3D Reserved
  SID 1904 =3D TVNZ Wide

TSID 24 =3D 12.51900 GHz VPol

  SID 1101 + 1102 =3D Radio

Using epgsnoop on the freeview transpoder produces some interesting data.
Now it appears that 1920 + 1921 will be TV3 + C4 as expected. The really
odd bit is that the RNZ epg is showing up for both 1929/1930 + 1101/1102

Also for those of you who are interested the channel numbers appear to be
getting allocated as follows

freeview  Sky		SID	Channel
1	  1		1035	TV One
2	  2		1036	TV 2
3	  3		1920	TV 3
4	  34		1921	C4
5	  19		1025	Maori TV

50	  501		1929	Radio NZ National
51	  502		1930	Radio NZ Concert

7	  n/a 		1904	TVNZ Wide

Some whisperings that we might start to see TV3 + C4 later this week.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales@openmedia.co.nz