[mythtvnz] Update on the RedButton engine support

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:37:06 +1200 (NZST)

On Sat, April 14, 2007 6:55 pm, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On 4/14/07, Craig Box <craig@dubculture.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> >     It is so handy having the two engines to compare against. Sadly
>> the
>> >     licence for the official font is a bit to much at the moment. Ju=
st
>> >     have to get the closest match we can.
>> >
>> > How much is it?
>>
>> Why would you want to use a different font than the rest of MythTV?
>>

> Because that's the font that the MHEG application's layout is designed
> for.
> It shouldn't matter if you can find a font that is close enough though.

Closest free font is FreeSans but the metrics are a little off. Atleast i=
does all of the special characters required for Maori support.

The alternative is Tioga from Monotype-
http://www.monotypeimaging.com/productsservices/tioga.aspx - which has th=
same metrics.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director