[mythtvnz] Mythtv distorting audio from PVR150

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:27:55 +1200 (NZST)

On Fri, April 13, 2007 11:13 am, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:03:23 Graeme Woollett wrote:
>> I'm having some issues with mythtv and a pvr150.
>> I'm using a composite feed from a telstra cable box.
>> The PC is based on an Intel Springdale chipset.
>> I've tried mplayer /dev/video0 and the audio quality is fine.
>> But when I play back through mythtv the audio has high frequency
>> "digital sounding" distortion.
>>
>> [17179583.780000] ivtv:  version 0.7.0 (tagged release) loading
>
> There is a problem with the ivtv driver which can cause this behaviour.=
 It
> is
> fixed in 0.7.2 I believe. Try upgrading to the latest ivtv driver for y=
our
> kernel.
>
> HTH
>
> hads

Yes its a known fault. if you cannot upgrade, try setting the audio sourc=
like this:

/usr/local/bin/ivtvctl -q2

I have the following script running as a cron job every minute, it runs
the above every 5 seconds.

#!/bin/bash

for delay in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11;

do
/usr/local/bin/ivtvctl -q2 > /dev/null
#logger fixed
sleep 5
done;

NB ivtvctl is no longer used, its now v4l2ctl or somesuch.