[mythtvnz] Remote frontend and music

Craig Box mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:18:58 +1200

> MythMusic is a plugin. It's pretty independent of the core TV part of the
code.
> MythVideo works the same way (even, AFAIK, if you're using the internal
player).

<rant>

MythMusic is a pig and needs to die.  Thor was once working on a
frontend/backend setup for MythTV called mfe/mfd, but development didn't get
very far.  (This would let you do video as well).  A guy was paid to work on
MythMusic for last years Google Summer of Code but never finished the work
and seemed to just disappear, and I've not seen any evidence that what he
did do, ever got included in the trunk.

It's an unloved stepchild.  It seems cursed and unlikely to ever make it
right unless someone puts a lot of love into it.

A new frontend to mpd (musicpd.org) looks like a good answer, if the right
person gets bored.

Craig