[mythtvnz] Sky polarisation?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:33:12 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, April 10, 2007 4:44 pm, Criggie wrote:

> Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Has anyone any news about Sky changing to horizontal polarisation so I
>> can
>> share my LNB with my TechniSat card? (if they ever plan to!!)
>
>> Are the FTA channels on Sky encrypted (i.e. can I get 1 & 2 on the Sky
>> mux?) or is there a vertical mux with unencrypted 1 & 2 on D1.
>
>> If both of these fail then I guess I'm in the market for another Sky
>> dish...
>
> Can you successfully mount two LNBs on the single dish?

Nope. Not for the same Satellite

> Or is there an LNB with both Horizontal and Vertical outputs (ie, two
> cables out of the same unit) ?

Yup. I've got a dual ported LNB on my dish. Means I can do HPol on one
port and VPol on the other at the same time.

It isn't this model, but it is a similar unit
http://www.freeviewshop.co.nz/acer-dual-output-ku-band-lnb-p-368.html

Problem is you can't do C1 + D1 with this unit which is a Sky requirement
for backup.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz