[mythtvnz] Sky polarisation?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:59:14 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, April 10, 2007 4:33 pm, Hadley Rich wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:27:17 Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Are the FTA channels on Sky encrypted (i.e. can I get 1 & 2 on the Sky
>> mux?) or is there a vertical mux with unencrypted 1 & 2 on D1.
>
> Yes, you can get 1 and 2 from Sky although not 3 and 4 so when freeview=
 is
> launched using the Sky transponder will be a disadvantage.

There is a rumour of a switch over on 29 April to HPol but I wouldn't
count on it at this stage.

You can get TV One, TV 2 and Maori in VPol off Sky's feeds at the moment,
but as Hadley said you won't get 3+4 in May.

What is really odd are the ID differences between the DVB EIT epg
information for 3+4 against the MHEG EPG data.

The EIT stream has
 TV3 =3D 1920
 C3  =3D 1921

Now the MHEG EPG stream has
 TV3 =3D 1901
 C4  =3D 1903

Very odd. Wonder if they might be deciding to initially launch just using
a single transponder rather than splitting TV3/C4 onto the second
transponder.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz