[mythtvnz] 0.20

Craig Appleton mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:04:08 +1200

------=_Part_925_33397006.1159261448499

On 22/09/06, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> Craig Appleton wrote:
> > Seems to lock the ALSA output so for example if you watch something
> > with VLC while mythfrontend is running there is no sound.
> Yeah i've got other alsa problems as well. Keep having the system mute
> and not recover.

Same here it seems to turn off the "IEC958 Output" switch under Kmix > Show
Mixer Window > Switches tab. Ie when I log in as the mythtv user remotely
using VNC, the VNC session "grabs" the sound output. I just have to turn
that switch back on when its running in the local (tv output) session
sometimes, and the sound comes back. Now I keep the kmix window open on the
local session and the sound output seems to stay.

Craig Appleton
http://mythblasterz.gotdns.com/